So it sometimes seems impossible to get all of those fruits and vegetables into your diet. After all they involve cleaning, cutting, peeling and cooking. But it is important to try your hardest. Here are some tips on how to sneak a few extra servings in a day.
* Add apple sauce to your oatmeal in the morning. Also add a 1/4 cup of frozen blue berries.
* Have cheese and apples as a snack. You can even buy pre-cut apples in the store.
* Skip the fries when you eat a burger out and go for sweet potato fries, a salad, a side of fruit or steamed vegetables as a side.
* You can buy the mini carrots from the store and bring them with some ranch as a snack on the go
* Raisins are also a great grab and go item.
* Next time you have chicken fingers have a side of vegetables and applesauce with them.
* When you get home from the store wash, cut and dry your lettuce. That way over the next few days salad is easy to get to.
* Wash seed and cut your vegetables when you get home from the store. Then when you want a salad you have the vegetables ready to mix into your lettuce from the step above. Or you can throw them in a omelet for a quicker and healthier breakfast.
* Keep them around. It does not matter if it is frozen fruits and vegetables, canned or dried fruits.
* Add pineapple or bell peppers to your pizza.
* Add sliced avocado to your sandwich.
* Drink a v-8 everyday.
* Drink one glass of OJ everyday.